Friday, August 15, 2008

Walking the Road to Weight loss


July 12, 2008 and was the bottom of the whole. I weighed the most I've ever weighed in my entire life. A trip to the doctors because I had some kind of weird throat infection was the cause of my Holy Shit I've hit the bottom moment. When I stepped on the scale at the doctors office and the nurse kept moving the weight balance further and further to the right I about died right there.

Twelve days later I joined weight watchers with my sister. It should be made known that Mom, Dad, and Adrienne have been doing weight watchers for the last year or sometime around when dad almost died from septic shock from swallowing ocean water that my cousin Holly thinks was tainted with "Seal Feces". They've been doing really well on it. Adrienne looks great. She's only 7 lbs from her goal weight. She's been the biggest support for me so far.
To give up the dirty details. I'm 6'2 23 years old and for all intensive purposes I should weight about 175-195 to be healthy. However I don't fit the healthy bill. At the time of my first weigh-in I was sitting at a hefty 283 lbs. Wow big guy right? Well what you should know is that every time I tell people that they're a little surprised because I hide my weight well. Well not anymore I'm gonna lose it. I haven't set a big weight goal just 10 percent of my body weight but 28 pounds is a lot to lose. After I get down my 28.3 lbs to 254.7 lbs I'll start setting the big weight loss goal!

Before my grandfather died we went to visit him in Glendive, Montana. It was just before we left for the trip back to Colorado that he pulled me aside and told me something I'll never forget. He said you're to good to look like you do. You don't want to look like me when you get to my age. 81 at the time. He was right I needed to lose weight. He's my inspiration and when my mom found a picture of him at my age, with his shirt open and him basically looking like a male black and white pinup, I said I want to look like that. He's my inspiration. I can do this and I will lose the weight.
So, Today being August 15, I've lost 8.8 lbs so far the healthy way and I'm extremely excited to keep on trucking! Everyone's support is much appreciated and I don't know what I would do with out it. If anyone is thinking about losing weight, Weight watchers is the way to go. They support and the meetings are important because even though its kind of like Alcoholics anonymous for "traditionally built" people it will help you more than anything.

2 comments:

Heather Cortes said...

Great job Morgan! You do hide it well, infact that picture of you looks skinny already. But keep it up because you will look even better - but most importantly you will feel better. Adrienne looks hot, too! Love YA!!!

auntiedawn said...

Grandpa would be proud of you! It takes a lot of courage to face up to our realities, but you've taken the even more difficult step of choosing to do something about it. I am looking forward to seeing the continuing pictures of the 'new' you, both body and mind!!! I'm glad you had a good time with friends, it reminded of being young (back in the day!) and playing ditchum at night in the summer with the Dienes kids! Love ya, Auntie Dawn